Sunday 26 October 2014

STILL DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE

     It was like every other day, sunshine, shower, breakfast and the optimism of breakthrough gracing the day. NYSC recently ended, and the era of #19,800 gone for life. A fresh graduate who knows deep within, he didn't graduate with fulfilment. Second class upper with no elation from within. I'm not blooded for Agronomy, no doubt, so I didn't bother spending a dime for the convocation gown. Is this the paper I paused five years of my life for? Unbelievable!...well, that's a story for another day.

   I launched out into the sector of the world unknown, wherein lay my passion, my dream and the source of fulfilment for me; amidst entities of torque, acceleration, power and speed. Watching engines roar, tires screech and vehicles trade places for gain, is like watching a baby grow. Life hasn't been fair anyway, but I keep girding my loins. I'm up to this task and there's no opting out !
   Then tornado struck. He dished out the news. You know it isn't good when your doctor stutters and the nurse avoid your gaze. Medicine diagnosed mama of cancer....its fifth deadliest ! I couldn't tell if it was daylight anymore, darkness shone on the face of my deep and fear hovered the surface of my waters. I fretted freely and couldn't pretend, I was struck to the marrow. It could be thought by someone that the doc saw wrong and mis-reported the test. Well, I'm yet to see a sane health practitioner, who finds pleasure joking with his patient about one of the world's deadliest. I guess the news numbed my sight for a while as my brain shut down and refused to believe its ears. My heart beat sky-rocketed, it could fix the country's power issues if measured in mega watts. Like a freshly flogged child who stares at his mother from a safe distance while doubting his genealogy , I began quizzing God for this hard knock in no time. How can the devil attempt this life so dear when its sold out to you? Its easy to boast of strength and lighten up amidst multitude, but staying calm in solitude is a different ball game entirely, especially when medical fact has the clock counting down on your watch.
   Then came the gathering of faith to battle this case. Intercession many times clashed with fast on its way to Heaven's gate. I wouldn't say we were perfect, spotless beings before God, but we simply logged into the righteousness paid by His Son under those stripes. With concern in our hearts, we lived everyday like she was already healed. Calls on phone to monitor her progress report and not to breed fear. We all acted like it wasn't there. News like this isn't meant for the populace, a percentage won't care, another percent will indulge in pity, while some others will only constipate you with stories of fear. Besides, everyone's got their own fair share of challenges. Its a common sight in our world, to see people go on condolence visit to families of the dead or the sick, only to get there and tell stories of tragic accidents that claimed lives on our expressways, free styling and miming on the beats of tragedy, rapping about how someone slipped and fell into the underworld or how a body slept and never woke. I keep wondering what the purpose of these visits initially are, commiseration or persecution? Why won't the soul battling for life, rest in peace in the end?, after It's been fed with fear, and sent into coma drunk on high B.P !
   Fast forward to four months later, mama went to scrutinize herself at the infirmary, every trace of Carcinoma totally gone ! The thrill of joy in her voice from over the phone, I'll remember for life. The claws of a virus withered at the consistent appearance of faith, prayers and positive confessions. I'm yet to understand it
   My heart goes out in gratitude to my pastor and the selected few who stood by us in prayers, who helped lighten the burden even from long distances on the telephone, we are indeed grateful and indebted to you all.
   My parting word is for someone out there who is at the brink of giving up. I may not
and may never understand what you're going through right now, everything might seem bleak with no visible light appearing at the end of that tunnel yet. I guess thoughts are flowing through your mind expressly, making you wonder what you did to qualify for that happenstance. You might begin to think you're all alone in the struggles of this life. Dear sir and ma, everybody is at war with different things, I’m at war with my own heart sometimes, and at that moment when you seem to have no strength to carry on, when you're at the point of pulling the plug, remember, there is a God who is still very much in the business of doing the impossible. I'm a living witness to this and I'm the proof, in Him lies no impossibility and that's the truth. You are not forgotten brother, keep the push. Don't give up sister, victory's in view !


What greater gift could I have asked for, as I turn a year older this day....In the meantime, here's a track to light up your day.....stay hopeful !

Click To Download Song

This article is copyrighted. Please do not reproduce in part or whole, in any form, without obtaining my written permission. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment