Sunday 26 April 2015

P-A-S-S-I-O-N. !

   So I found myself traveling in a manual transmission 2005 Toyota Hiace (Hummer bus) to one of the south western mega cities in the early hours of today. By the way, if you're buying one of those, a manual transmission is advisable. Experienced drivers can attest to their difference in terms of fuel economy and gear selection response while overtaking. I guess you might wanna ask, what was I doing on the road on a sunday morning?
Well, I serve in a ministry where the members are stereos with cars wrapped around them. The agape love binding us wouldn't have me shut my ears to a member's out cry for redemption from the port. After all, the good shepherd does not abandon its flock and salvation is for everybody right? Nice !
   About thirty minutes into the journey. Oh! Its here I have to describe who my co-passengers were. Fourteen of us were aboard. Women way past child bearing bagged a higher number. Also scattered randomly were three grown men whose youthful six-packs have over the years evolved into amusement park. The only youthful content of the sixteen valve powered vehicle was the captain of the bus and I.
   About thirty minutes into the journey as I was saying, we drove past an automobile parked along the highway. The kind bloggers have been reporting Ali Baba bought of late. Usually, I'm an introverted person. A rare breed that easily get pissed off after boarding a cab or mounting a 150cc Bajaj motorcycle and the driver tries engaging me in a discussion like I owe him a conversation. Today was different, my temperament literarily flew out of the window. 'Did you see that yellow Ford Monster Truck?' I screamed. In excitement, I turned my head in complete 180 degrees to catch a last glimpse of the magnificence now fading in the distance. From the facial expression of my fellow co-passengers, it was clear they didn't find it amusing. I had woken them from their slumber. Several pair of sleepy eyes stared at me in disgust. Even the middle aged woman who had already set the bus aflame from the onset of the trip using Holy Ghost fire couldn't hide her repugnance. I doubt if there's any other place to hear first hand fear-filled prayers like the atmosphere of a traveling bus. No driver's brain escapes being soaked with the blood. In my defence, they ought to thank their stars I wasn't the one driving, otherwise, I would have had them parked to the curb, had a chat with the owner of the truck and still spend another one hour checking out the monstrous audacity powered by a V10 sitting on chrome wheels. 
   Still elated, the bus driver and I continued to discuss its features, beauty and capability for over half-way the trip.
   Today, I realized the spark of passion can't be killed. Living in denial does not numb the feeling of emptiness. It denies one the fulfillment that follows expression. Maybe some of us are chronic lovers of a thing and need deliverance but nothing beats waking up to doing the things you love and loving the things you do. This reminds me of my neighbour who loves customization art. This dude will brand Christ's crown of thorn if he lived in the BC age. It amazes me how a man can't look at a virgin shirt without the thought of deflowering it with prints. A car drives through the neighbourhood, he's already branding it in his mind. I often tell him his wife's fry pans, pots and yam tubers are not safe. In the same vein, I've met people great with words. Should they write eulogy at a funeral, the corpse itself will pry out of the casket, smile and give a nod of approval before laying back for its last burial. Do not, I repeat, do not let these kind of talented folks woo the same lady before you coz' no amount of 'God said' will bring her back. Wait a minute, people still use that God said line for real?
   A call to passion births the fulfillment process. Nailing it to the cross is not the best choice, it starts a tug of war within you. We only have one life to express this joy and its best we maximize it. In the words of Benjamin Franklin, he said; 'If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins'. You can't fight what the Creator has put it in you. Accept it, skill it and touch lives. Good evening. 


Photo Source: Blackberry Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment