Friday 19 December 2014

THE REPLACEMENT KILLER

   So I was in this cab on my way home from the day's hustle late this evening. The atmosphere was quiet and calm. The tired faces seated in the vehicle I'm sure dreamt of nothing but shower, dinner and bed. Few minutes later, the bored driver punched on the power button of his stereo to probably find some good tunes to chill on, but reverse was the case. I doubted my ears' receptivity when I heard the shepherd of a supposed fold, dish out this as a prayer point.
Interpreted in english, it says,"Dear God, let my remaining sufferings this year come from You and not the devil because he isn't merciful". My lips fell apart. Jerry must have spanked Tom's head with a fry pan 'cause I could feel it ring in my head. My spirit vexed at this ignorance still roaming the street in this century several years after Jesus had departed from the cemetery. One can imagine the kind of dressing, sermons and revelations that flow amidst the congregation . Infact, you may not be wrong to say technology, good cloth ( especially Jean), cars and hairdo will be a crime in such a gathering. I guess Lecrae will be tagged a nuisance and an Anti Christ, should he step in there to rap about Christ. Isn't it written that it is the thief who comes to kill, steal and destroy? Didn't The Word explain that He has come to give us life and that we may also have it abundantly? Makes me wonder if sufferings are the other things promised to be added if we seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. I may not be a man whose feaces, sweat and urine are full of the word but didn't the same Jesus say "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him ! Then I find it really surprising when at this gospel age, we still accuse God for all the mishap, death and sufferings. I believe in no such God who live on the tears, wails and sufferings of man He made in His own image and likeness. A God who measures one's reward in Heaven by the degree of poverty attained during one's stay on planet earth. What's up Jesus, whata gwain? You gotta get Papa a lawyer mehn coz judgement day isn't gon be easy for y'all. Mortals be beefing on y'all mehn. Tell the Holy Ghost He's got a lot of accusations to object. 
   I guess folks with this kind of belief are simply ignorant of God's plans and thoughts, at least they seek liberation, even though its done in an honestly wrong approach. The ones that never cease to amaze me are those who wear tribulation (so they call it) as pride and badges of honour and also believe its their heavenly duty to suffer on earth. I will never understand the honour in being penniless, Bible tucked under one's arm, tattered shoes swearing to the heavens and unable to feed the hungry poor living next door looking to you for his lunch before dishing them the word. Even Jesus fed bread and geisha to the crowd before flushing their guts with dessert.... the word. Little wonder we have increasing numbers of believers with less compassion, not because its who they are, but because they are wrapped up in a wrong mentality ! 
   Someone was once bedridden on a sunday morning after ulcer attack came knocking on his door. In pains, he prayed and took some medication. He ended up missing service that day in the process of waiting for relief. Strolling out in the evening to see one of his church leaders when he felt much better, he was fooled to think it was compassion speaking when asked why he missed church service. After explaining his plight, he couldn't believe his ears when her reply came. "That is no excuse !" she fired. I wonder what he was thinking explaining himself at first, she carries Jesus even in her under-garment and speaks in tongues of the angels so how was she to understand your lingua franca. " Its not an excuse ma, but the reason why I couldn't make it to church" he answered her respectfully. His words fell on holy deaf ears sold out to Christ at all cost. She was his leader and wouldn't take such lame reason, its clear. Not until he said "may you experience half of the pain I felt in bed coming sunday" before she paused, gave it a thought and started rejecting it. I smile anytime I remember this, then I reminisce about the story of the good Samaritan.
   It is wrong to think that a God who feeds the birds of the air, the beasts on the land and the fishes in the sea, will then sit in a golden throne, play monopoly with His Son and allow the Holy Ghost take pleasure in watching His people rot on earth. Until we come to the realization of what love is, and who love is, we'll stay ignorant of what God's thoughts are. He is Love and not a replacement killer ! Being broke right now is not a crime, staying so and equating it to righteousness is the problem. Even the streets up above are tarred in gold !





Photo Credit: Restore Innocence

This article is copyrighted. Please do not reproduce in part or whole, in any form, without obtaining my written permission. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment