Friday 29 August 2014

MY EVENING, MY NOLLYWOOD !


   Its been a while I watched a movie acted according to a script inspired by a true life story, so I decided to sit outside the office today and tune to the channel on the street around 6pm this evening. It only took few minutes before a short drama that has no title, no part, no season, no introduction and no cast started. 
   An okada man was angered by the way an 18 seater bus driver drove past him, almost running him into the side curb.
He parked his red 180cc bajaj motorcycle and chased after the bus on foot. My eyes lightened up when he picked up stones as big as Ojukwu's head and hauled them at the bus. His senses must have communicated to his hands the debt he'll run into should he smash the rear wind-shield, coz he intentionally shortened the range of his aim. His escaping victim eventually ran into a traffic jam and by this time, my hands were on my head and my lips dripping pots of saliva as I pitied the bus driver whose flesh will soon be torn apart by this roaring, fearless lion who now had a big stick in his hands. At this moment, I discovered I wasn't the only one watching this african magic when all of a sudden, Sango took to his heels as the bus driver came down with a sharp matchet in his right hand, even those trying to pacify this god of iron left him to defend himself !...it made me remember those high school days when a chewing stick sized boy dares a big bully and pray in his mind for people to come to his rescue before all his teeth get knocked out of his mouth. Its then you see him charge at his opponent as the "referees" hold him down, saving him from his untimely death..... :D 




This article is copyrighted. Please do not reproduce in part or whole, in any form, without obtaining my written permission. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment